Sunday, May 06, 2007

Naive, but not prejudice

At 10pm, one of the employees informed us that the train would be delayed and we would depart at 11.30pm. Everyone was annoyed. Many impatiently paced around, looking at their watches every 10 seconds or so. Some sat on their luggages, whipped out their novels and began to indulge in their own fantasies.

I was glad that I had my Ipod as I landed my buttock on a chair. As I slowly submerged into my own world, I noticed a Malay girl, no more than 5 years old, approached an equally small Indian girl. It's probably the first time they've met but soon they're off running around, hopping and dancing with each other. Their parents just smiled looking at them, probably appreciating the scene while it lasted. Who knows, 10 years down the road and they might just scorn at each other's race.

It didn't last long though. They were soon tired and went to sleep. But what they did, insignificant as they would think it was, and the looks on their parents' faces, told me that there's indeed hope, fleeting hope it might be, but hope nonetheless.

Only when we throw away all the prejudice and pride will we truly shine as a nation.

No comments:

About This Blog

This blog is a personal photography blog.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP